Sunday, April 17, 2016
My Selling Experience on Poshmark: 13 Tips, Tricks & Thoughts
Hello! About two months ago, I joined Poshmark and I've been hooked ever since. Poshmark is an app on your phone that allows you to easily sell and buy gently-used, fashion-forward clothing, shoes and accessories. It's easy as can be to sell; all you need to do is snap a few photos on your phone of the item you're selling, write a short description and upload it to Poshmark.
In the past two months, I've sold about 55 listings and have made over $250. It's the perfect way to get rid of some of your unwanted clothing, shoes and accessories before a big move or if you're doing some spring cleaning. I wanted to cut down on the amount of stuff that I'm bringing with me on my move from Philly to Richmond in a couple weeks so I'm glad I joined Poshmark. Of course, I'm no expert but I would say that I've have mild success with Poshmark over the past two months and wanted to share 13 tips/tricks and thoughts about my Poshmark experience with you all.
Tips/Tricks for selling:
1. Share all the items in your closet at least once a day. The more exposure that your items get, the more likely it is that they will be purchased.
2. Offer a bundle discount. Encourage customers to purchase more than one item from our closet with a bundle discount! Because selling two items is much better than one and a 10-20% discount won't make a huge impact on your profit.
3. Interact with other users. Poshmark is a friendly selling platform, it has its own sort of culture. Share other closet listings, leave comments, follow other closets, etc. The more you interact with other closets, the more they will interact with you, boosting your exposure and potential to sell.
4. Participate in parties. Poshmark hosts "parties" everyday where you can share your items for even more exposure. Take a few minutes to share your items into these parties and you may end up with a few new shoppers. I've sold several items through sharing into the parties before.
5. Ship quickly. Want repeat customers? Ship quickly and customers will appreciate it.
6. Package your sales nicely. This also plays into gaining repeat customers.
Tips/Tricks for buying:
7. Watch your favorite brands for new items added. Spot the best deals before anyone else by watching your favorite brands' "just in" sections. I scored $15 Jeffrey Campbells by doing this!
8. Make an offer on the item you're considering before buying it. Buyers are often willing to slightly lower their price if you use the "make an offer" button and saving a few bucks is always worth it.
9. Ask questions. You want to be happy with your purchase so make sure you know everything you want to know about the product before purchasing it such as does it fit true to size? is it machine washable? etc.
10. People will low-ball you offers. Don't be too offended and don't feel like you need to accept the offer. If anyone offers me $3 for any item (especially if they're a seller and know about Poshmark fees), I block them.
11. Poshmark does charge a fee for selling. However, Poshmark only charges a fee once your item sells and it outweighs the cost of shipping it on your own as Poshmark pays for your shipping. Poshmark charges $2.95 for sales under $15 and 20% of sales over $15.
12. Some days you'll sell two or three things, other times you may not sell something for a week. Don't be discouraged.
13. USPS will send you boxes for free to ship your sales out in. Save on packaging costs by taking advantage of this! Also save boxes from your own purchases to re-use.
And finally, if you're not already on Poshmark, I would highly suggest downloading the app and see what all the hype is about. Sign up with code JXTJA and receive a $10 credit towards your first purchase.