Hello! I can hardly believe that it is already October; September passed by in the blink of an eye. Like I've mentioned before, fall is my favorite season and so it should come as no surprise that October is one of my favorite months. Falling leaves, crisp air, oversize sweaters, pumpkins, Halloween...what's not to like? Below are what I consider the top 7 October wardrobe essentials.
1. Knit sweaters in fall shades. Perfect for throwing on over a pair of leggings on a day when you don't feel like dressing up or for pairing with a cute patterned dress.
2. Oversize bag. Roomy enough for everything that you need for class/work.
3. Velvet dress. Velvet dresses have really caught my attention this season; I love the glamorous feeling that velvet gives off. I just ordered a silver-y velvet dress from Forever 21 and can't wait to wear it.
4. Plaid infinity scarf. I'm embracing plaids with open arms this fall. The stylish, school-girl/prep vibe that they emit has me reaching for more and more plaid pieces. Infinity scarves like the one pictured above are great for October weather.
5. Quirky socks. Chillier weather means wearing boots more and more often so might as well pick up a few pairs of quirky socks to slip on underneath those boots.
6. High-rise denim. I don't know what I would do without my high rise denim especially when it starts to get chillier and pants are a must.
7. Silver statement necklace. Spice up a plain sweater with a bold necklace like the one above.