Hello! I have a confession to make: I've developed quite an adoration for cute, patterned socks in the past several weeks. And it seems to feel a little ridiculous how much emphasis I've been putting on my "sock game" lately.
But okay, this can totally be justified. For one, socks are an essential. Whether those socks are cute or not is an entirely different story but socks on their own are definitely an essential. And an especially crucial essential as the weather gets cooler and we begin to pull out boots more and more often.
And I mean, cute socks are considered an essential for me because I'm a fashion merchandising major, right?
Some argue that cute socks are pointless as no one ever really sees the socks as they are usually hidden underneath the shoes. However, I disagree with that. For one, I'll often walk around the halls in my dorm/apartment building without shoes on so c'mon cute socks are definitely a necessity.
But also, I've been really liking the style that socks can add to my looks if I wear them with cut-out boots so that the pattern of the socks is revealed or worn with heels or boots so that the socks are visible. This can be seen in several of my looks this semester. In THIS look, I paired a pair of green polka dot socks with a pair of Doc Martens so that the tops of the socks are peeking out of the boots and playing up the print of the dress that I was wearing. In THIS look, I added a print to my look with a pair of playful fox socks worn with cut-out booties.
Basically, the point of this rambling explanation is that even though it may seem ridiculous, having and wearing cute, quirky socks instantly brightens my day.
Below are a few of my favorite printed socks available to purchase online right now.
1. Forever 21 Green Polka Dot Socks. $2.80. I actually own these socks and couldn't be more in love with them. The stylish polka dot print, the rich green color- what's not to love? Even though these are technically men's socks, you can't really tell. I was slightly worried about the sizing when I ordered these online but am quite pleased with them.
2. J. Crew Elephant Trouser Socks. $16.50. Having socks this cute justifies walking around the dorm building halls without shoes on, right?
3. Forever 21 Blue Polka Dot Socks. $2.80. Same as the first option but in navy instead of green. Additionally, they sell these socks in yellow and burgundy. I also own these socks as well as the burgundy ones. 10/10 would recommend buying.
4. Brooks Brothers Navy Fair Isle Socks. $22. Everything about these socks from the fair isle print to texture to dark color scheme shouts "winter." Perfect for pairing with your coziest pair of boots to keep warm when temperatures start to drop.
5. Toast Rosedale Fair Isle Socks. $25. Love the quirky print of these socks. Let the tops of these socks peek out of your boots for an added dose of style to your look.
6. Brooks Brothers Burgundy Fair Isle Socks. $22. Same as the fourth option but in a rich burgundy color instead.