High-rise jeans: Urban Outfitters
Combat boots: Target
Faux leather jacket: Marshall's
Heart sunglasses: c/o Giant Vintage Sunglasses
Faux Chanel bag: DIY
Alright, on to the DIY! I drew my inspiration for this bag from THIS blog post that I discovered while browsing Pinterest Saturday morning. I immediately fell in love and knew that I had to make one. I grabbed some supplies and started on my DIY mission to create this wonderful, faux Chanel bag. If you can't afford a Chanel bag (which I cannot even come close to affording), this bag is a fun obviously fake alternative. So what do you guys think? Will you be trying this DIY out?
Supplies: Paper bag (I used one from the grocery store), sharpie, pencil & eraser, ruler, scissors, hole punch and a chain strap for the bag
Cost: This DIY should be very inexpensive. Chances are that you have most of the supplies at home (the bag, sharpie, pencil & eraser, ruler, scissors & hole punch). You may have to buy a chain for the bag. However, I just used a chain from one of my bags. So this DIY cost me nothing!
1. Gather supplies
2. Cut the handles off of the paper bag.
3.Turn your bag inside out so that you can't see any writing on the outside. If you have an already plain bag, ignore this step.
4. Lightly outline the two interlocking C's in pencil on the bag. Erase and re-draw until they meet your satisfaction.
5. Go over and color in your outline with sharpie.
6. Grab your ruler and lightly draw diagonal lines going across the bag from both directions.
7. Trace over those lines in sharpie.
8. Punch a hole in each side of the bag.
9. Thread your chain through those holes.
10. Voila! Instant faux Chanel.