Hello! Even though school starts in a little over than a month, it it not to early to start thinking about fall fashion! I have compiled a list of my 10 back to school essentials. I know that everyone has a different sense of style but these are just a few of my basics.
1. A pair of jeans in a dark rinse. Bootcut, skinny leg, high waisted...whatever floats your boat! I know that I am going to try to find a pair of high waisted skinny jeans.
2. A striped shirt. I cannot stress enough the versatility of striped shirts. Wear them with jeans and adorable earrings for school. Wear them with a skirt and pearls for a night out on the town. Wear them over a button downs for an added dose of cute-ness. Wear them over a dress for a fresh new look. Pretty much wear them everywhere with everything!
3. A cute backpack. Might as well look cute while attending classes!
4. A planner that will keep you organized. Nothing is more important that staying organized senior year of high school (the year that I'm going into) and I need a planner that can keep me on track. College applications, deadline, AP papers...so much to remember!
5. The perfect pair of shoes. Everyone dreams about the perfect pair of shoes. A pair they will wear until the sole wears thin. However, everyone is dreaming about a different pair of shoes. My perfect pair of shoes for this upcoming fall is a pair of glitter loafers. A little out there but totally my style. Yours could be a classic pair of ballet flats or combat boots. Whatever they are, make sure that you buy a pair! You won't regret it. If cost is a problem, check out sites like Go Jane, Urban Og, My Hot Shoes and Target for stylish, affordable shoes.
6. A basic button down. I live in my button downs. Make sure you grab at least one in a color that is essential to your wardrobe. I own a denim button down, wine colored button down (new for BTS!), black button down, light blue button down and white button down and I am constantly wearing them. I also have them in a few different prints when I feel like wearing something a little quirkier than a plain button down.
7. A black belt. This is a classic and you will forever be reaching for it. My black belt broke last spring but I still haven't been able to find an affordable one that I like as much. Suggestions?
8. A pair of black opaque tights. For the days when it is chilly out but you want to don a skirt or dress instead of pants.
9. A LBD (little black dress). No explanation needed.
10. Statement necklace or trendy accessory. Add to a simple outfit to add flair.
Phew, that was a long list! I hope that you all enjoyed it. Are any of those items on your back to school shopping list? Any items that are on your list that I didn't mention? Have fun shopping! :)