Friday, February 21, 2014
1. Daisy print dress. As I've mentioned before, daisy prints are predicted to be a big hit this spring. I much prefer daisy prints over plain floral prints and wish to add a cute black dress printed with sweet white and yellow daisies to my wardrobe.
2. Black floppy hat. Perfect for adding the finishing touch to any look (or for covering up a not-so-great hair day.)
3. Assorted flower crowns. I'm ready to let my inner flower child shine through with an assortment of colored flower crowns. These should be relatively inexpensive as I plan on making them myself. Check out my tutorial for making flower crowns HERE.
4. Neutral flatform sandals. If I could, I would live in flatform sandals. The added height is simply irresistible while they are also extremely easy to walk in.
5. Denim babydoll dress. I mean, how cute is this? I just ordered a denim babydoll dress from Forever 21 and cannot wait to style it. It can be styled so many different ways; the options are infinite. This is certainly not a piece that I will get bored with this spring!
6. Black overall dress or black overall shorts. Like last spring/summer, overalls are trending and I can't wait to add a black overall dress or black overall shorts to my wardrobe.
7. Black kimono. The boho, free-spirit vibe of kimonos has me swept off my feet. They scream "music festival" and even though I won't be attending any music festivals this spring, I still consider a simple black kimono a must-have. I just ordered one a black fringe kimono from ShopLately and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.
8. White jelly sandals. I've been lusting over jelly sandals for a while now. I decided that it was finally time to add a pair to my wardrobe and I ordered this pair of JuJu Babe sandals from ASOS last week. I must admit that I'm in love with them. Now if only it was warm enough to debut them!
What's on your Spring 2014 wishlist?
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Warby Parker's Spring 2014 collection is one of my favorite collections of eyeglasses and sunglasses. The oversize frames and chic colors and prints like the stunning emerald green and various tortoiseshell prints simply have me falling head over heels. Next time I buy a new pair of eyeglasses, I know where I'll be looking first! I mean who could resist a company that sells such stylish merchandise with such a great mission backing up their company?
Sunday, February 16, 2014
The lightness and airiness of this trend simply sweeps me off my feet. The ethereal, fairy-tale like vibe of pastels is nearly impossible for me to resist. I know that I'll be stocking my wardrobe with a few key pastel pieces this spring. I'm really leaning towards statement pastel bags and soft pastel dresses.
If you are searching for pastels to add to your wardrobe then you are in luck because this trend is extremely easy to acquire. Thrift stores, Urban Outfitters and H&M are all great shops to look for pastels at. Expect the shelves to be stocked with more and more delicate, feminine colors as spring quickly approaches!
Friday, February 14, 2014
Hello! Happy Valentine's Day! Today, I chose to go for an all-black outfit. You can't go wrong with all black! I started with a simple black dress followed by an open knit black sweater and black coat. To add a bit of interest to the look, I slipped into my new pair of thigh-high polka dot socks courtesy of ILoveSexy.com. Let me just say that I'm loving these socks! They are just so darn cute. They retail for $8.43 and can be found HERE. I then added a pair of lace-y black socks and tan Doc Martens to complete my look. Red lipstick added a tiny pop of color to my look. I hope that you guys are enjoying your Valentine's Day!
Black sweater: Thrifted
Black dress: Old Navy
Black polka dot socks: c/o ILoveSexy.com
Tan boots: Vintage Doc Martens
Black coat: Sears
Red lipstick: Wet 'N Wild
Monday, February 10, 2014
OKdress.co.uk also offers free shipping on select dresses and several discounts. They offer 10£ off of purchases over 100£ (use code NewYearSale10), 20£ off of purchases over 200£ (use code NewYearSale20) and 25£ off of purchases over 300£ (use code NewYearSale25).
Below are a few of my favorite dresses sold by OKdress.co.uk:
1. Sweetheart Sleeveless Natural Little Black Dress. 69£. Who could say no to a little black dress? OKdress.co.uk has an extensive collection of little black dresses but this dress in particular caught my eye. The sweetheart neckline and mini length make it easy to style. This dress would look great with a pile of jewels and stunning heels. This dress also comes in several different colors including burgundy and dark green. This dress is made of chiffon.
2. White Sequin Mini Dress. 81.49£. The sequins and texture of this dress instantly drew me in. How luxe! And I love the layering of organza on the bottom half of the dress which makes it appear almost like a tutu. This dress also comes in a variety of different colors including navy blue and lilac.
3. Sheath/Column Straps Lace Zipper Prom Dresses 2014. 62£. Dark green and lace? Yes please! This dress just screams of elegance and poise. And how could you resist that?
Now what are you waiting for? Head on over to OKdress.co.uk to check out what other fabulous dresses they have to offer and perhaps discover your new favorite dress.
***Disclaimer: OKdress.co.uk provided monetary compensation for this post but I wrote the actual post and all opinions written in this post are mine.
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Hello! This past week I was featured on College Fashionista for my campus style at Philadelphia University. How exciting! I was wearing several of my favorite pieces including my green polka dot dress, leopard print coat, burgundy Doc Martens and a stack of golden necklaces. You can read more about my look and check out the feature HERE.
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Hello! Can you believe how quickly spring is dawning upon us? Although layers of snow and ice cover the ground, spring is only roughly a month away. And I can't help but begin to dream of warmer weather and delightful spring trends. One of my favorite trends for this spring is the daisy trend. You guys know that I have been a huge fan of daisies for a while now so it should come as no surprise that I'm practically swooning over this trend.
Daisies are popping up everywhere in stores this spring. Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters have me almost drooling over their affordable daisy print pieces while Moschino has me falling in love with their gorgeous (but much more expensive) "Fresh as a Daisy" line.
Why is this one of my favorite trends this spring? The youth, the freshness, the vitality, the innocence, etc. of the daisy print simply screams spring (as does the color of the daisies). The simplicity of the print is also very appealing.
Another great thing about this trend is that it is incredibly easy to wear. You can find this pattern printed on everything from casual dresses to circle skirts to body suits to phone cases and so on and so forth. The simplicity of the print allows for it to be styled with many different colors and perhaps even different prints.
Now if only it was mid-March and I could break out my daisy prints and daisy crowns.....What do you guys think about this trend for Spring 2014?
Sunday, February 2, 2014
Hello! The weather is absolutely beautiful here in Philadelphia today; temperatures are currently in the 50's. I'm taking advantage of the gorgeous weather right now by sitting out on campus blogging. Earlier, I went exploring in the neighborhood right next to PhilaU. The neighborhoods near campus are just so breath-taking! And it was nice to walk around and just have some time to myself.
What makes this day even better is the fact that I'm wearing my cat dress. I mean, how could I have a bad day wearing this beauty? The warmer temperatures permitted me to simply throw on a cardigan instead of bundling up in layers upon layers. To emphasize the lovely green of the cardigan, I threw on a blue and green plaid scarf. It wasn't quite warm enough to forgo tights so I threw on a simple pair of black opaque tights.
I accessorized with a leopard print crossbody bag, a couple of golden necklaces and chic sunglasses. To play up the gold in my necklaces and crossbody bag, I slipped into a pair of golden glitter combat boots. How quirky!
Kitty cat dress: H&M
Black tights: Urban Outfitters
Golden glitter boots: ZOOSHOO c/o ShopLately
Green cardigan: Vintage
Plaid scarf: J. Crew
Leopard print crossbody bag: Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses: c/o Giant Vintage
Golden spikes & diamonds necklace: Lily Wang c/o ShopLately
Golden bones necklace: Glint & Gleam c/o ShopLately