1. Make sure your jewelry matches- it may seem obvious but...you never know.
2. Invest in classic wardrobe pieces to up your style and have more outfit options in your closet.
3. Dark rinse jeans are great for dressing up an outfit.
4. If you want an edgy look throw on tough boots or a tough jacket with a flirty or girly dress.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Before you go out and buy all the latest trends for back to school, there are a few key pieces you should invest in. Trust me, you'll wear these ALL the time!
- A LBD(little black dress)- Go with a simple one to get the most for your money.
- A patterned dress- Just make sure it's a pattern you love! Wear it to parties with heels or school with flats.
- Skinny jeans-no explanation needed
- Plain skirt- Wear it countless times without ever repeating a look. My favorite colors for a plain skirt are black, red and navy blue.
- Solid V-neck- I suggest buying many in many different colors! Some good stores to buy them at are Target, Aeropostale and Charlotte Russe.
- Simple Cardigan- Can be worn over dresses, with jeans or keep you warm in winter.
- Ballet Flats- Need I say more? My favorite colored ballet flats are pale pink and black. My favorite pattern is plain chettah print.
- Classic pearl necklace- Fake is just as good-looking as real. Dress up outfits or just add sophisticated.
Have fun shopping!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Want to save money with exclusive deals? Then sign up for a rewards program! Many stores have them. Below are a few of my favorites.
- Delias "Rising Star Rewards- Frequent Buyer Card"- Spend $20, get a punch in the card, get 10 punches and get $20 off your next purchase- even if you only spend $20!
- VS PINK-Join online at vspink.com and be sent great deals to your email all the time. I've been a member for quite some time and I've gotten free flip flops, underwear, lipgloss, a tank top and so much more.
- Platos Closet- Spend or sell $10, get a stamp on your card, get 20 stamps and get 20% off your next purchase.
- Carvel- Free ice cream on your birthday
- Einsteins Bros. Bagels- Free bagel on your birthday
- Red Robin- Free food on your birthday
Know any more rewards programs? Feel free to comment below about them!
Monday, July 12, 2010
As designers move into designing for colder seasons, new trends start to emerge. One of my favorite trends is the jeggings. Jeggings are jean leggings-a tighter take on skinny jeans. They are popping up all over the place. Celebrities like the Olsen twins and Karlie Kloss are rocking jeggings. You can buy them at many different places including Charlotte Russe, Delias, Macy's, JC Penneys and Sears. They look great with ballet flats and also boots. So go buy some and give them a try, you'll fall in love!
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
Hey girls! As back to school slowly creeps up on us, you'll want to get the most clothes at the best price. Right now is an excellent time to buy with many stores clearancing their old stuff out. Charlotte Russe-one of my favorite stores- has a buy one get one sale on a lot of their merchandise including sale. Last week I got two great cardigans for less than $15 combined! In addition they are having a buy one get one for $10 sale on their shoes. Also hit up your Victoria's Secret because their semi-annual sale is going on. I went in today and all clearance bras were $16 and adorable! In addition to that, they had cute clothes- I got a orange sweatshirt for $15. So head out to your mall and explore the great sales!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Once it reaches September and it's time to say goodbye to your flip flops, you'll have a chance to try out new fall shoe trends. One of my favorite trends for fall which is popping up every where right now are tough-looking boots. You can pair them with a cute floral skirt and solid colored top and you'll look like you stepped out of a magazine. Don't think you can handle shoes that look that tough? Not a problem, slip into some darker colored converses and the look will still be amazing. My next favorite fall shoes are the ballet flats, not exactly a new style but ballet flats can be worn with almost anything. Go sweet and wear them with tights and a skirt, go casual and wear them with jeans and a cute cardigan, any way they look good! My favorite ballet flat patterns at the moment are chettah print, darker colors and pale pinks. What will you be wearing when you kiss your flip flops goodbye?